Ethicon Perma-Hand Silk Sutures, 12 Sutures/Box
Ethicon Perma-Hand Silk Sutures, 12 Sutures/BoxPERMA-HAND Suture is a non absorbable, sterile, surgical suture composed of an organic protein called fibroin. This protein is derived from the domesticated species Bombyx mori (B. mori) of the family Bombycidae. Silk for braided sutures is processed to remove the natural waxes and gums, coated with wax or silicone and is available undyed and dyed black. PERMA-HAND Suture is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximating and/or ligation, including use in cardiovascular, ophthalmic, and neurological procedures.
- Ethicon, a leader in medical supplies, offers PERMA-HAND Suture, a natural non-absorbable sterile suture composed of an organic protein called fibroin.
- While PERMA-HAND Suture is not absorbed, progressive degradation of the proteinaceous silk fiber in vivo may result in gradual loss of all tensile strength over time.
- Natural non-absorbable, size 4-0, dyed braided, 18 Inch (45 cm) suture.
- Reverse cutting, P-3 (13 mm), 3/8 circle needle.
- Sterile, factory sealed box of 12 sutures.
- Suture Size : 4-0
- Length : 18 Inch (45 cm)
- Color : Black
- Control : NO
- Material/Composition : Silk
- Category : Wound Closure
- Suture Construction : Braided
- Needle Point Type : Prime Reverse Cutting
- Needle Point Type : Non Absorbable
- Breaking Strength Retention (BSR) : Gradual loss of all tensile strength over time
- Sterilization Type : COBALT
- Pledget : NO
- Needle Name : P-3
- Suture Color : Silver
- Needle Alloy : ETHALLOY